"Life is a discovery of oneself" starts his 'About Me' page. @A as we know him hails from North Carolina and brings us travel snapshots from around the world which are indeed picture perfect.
Though pictures are his passion he is also good at poems, prose and fiction. He often ends his posts with an open question to the readers which makes every one participate in every post. Questions like "Who is the photographer?" or "Where did I take this?" will have you baffled for sure if you are like me.
He is a great friend too. Often times there are mundane issues like a 'long day' or 'too much work' I would turn to @A with a quick note and without fail he would respond with an encouraging note back. That is an awesome quality which is rare to find.
It is easy to find your way in @A's blog as he keeps it well organized with neatly categorized tabs such as Stories, Photos, Poems etc. My favorite of his post is one of his stories: My first love. It took some convincing on his part to prove to his wife that it was fiction, whole fiction and nothing but the fiction. @A is a great photographer too. When you visit him, don't forget to check out his Photo Log.
Whether you are a veteran blogger or a newbie, @A can help - mostly by his encouraging comments which are also sincere. @A was my first blogger friend and thru' him I have met most of my fellow bloggers. When I land on a new blog, if I see @A's comments there I feel at home. But then that is true not only of @A but all my blog friends.
@A has tips for better NRI living and takes you along on his frequent flier miles. You will never regret spending some time at @A's virtual home at Simply Speaking by "A" Simple Blogger.
Now, for those who are wondering what I am upto, this is the first in my series called: "NRIGirl's Favblog!". These will be random posts on a specific blogger with links to my favorite posts in his/her blog. Why I do that? Just showing off my friends in the blogosphere... Good enough reason I guess.
The order in which these posts appear has no bearing on my preference whatsoever. It is just how my mind flows on a particular day... Can't wait to see who's next!
Aug 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Translate
©Copyright
All rights reserved ©NRIGirl Blog, 2009-2010. Excerpts and links may be used, provided full credit is given to NRIGirl Blog with appropriate links to the original content.
Coffee with Jesus
Poem
- Conversation with the stars (1)
- Days gone by (1)
- Do you see what I see? (1)
- Dream Coming True (1)
- Dreams in disguise (1)
- Epic Nature (1)
- Honey where is the moon? (1)
- If only I had (1)
- Life Cycle (1)
- Neither prose nor poetry (1)
- Out of Egypt (1)
- Poem by Rachel Israel (1)
- Rain Rain Come again (1)
- Rain drops (1)
- Ready or not here I come (1)
- The Circus (1)
- Tirunelveli Junction (1)
- Welcome Home (1)
- Who was calling? (1)
Lessons Learnt
- Call to love
- Conversation for Couples
- Direct Deposits
- Garbage Collection
- His Needs; Her Needs - A Vicious Cycle
- I Do - Do you?
- I love you too
- In love with in-laws
- Investment Tips for Girls
- Investment Tips for Guys
- Love Bank
- Pause Button for Life
- Pecking hen no more...
- Proof of affairs
- Stuck on the Pause button...
- True love
- Wavering Wavelength
This NRI Life
- 'க்' கிழந்த வாழ்க்கை
- 12 years ago today
- Case for and against
- Common Perception on NRI Life
- Earliest memories of an NRI Life
- First apartment in the US
- For the NRIGirls like me...
- Handwritten
- Interview with an NRI
- Just landed in America... Now what?
- Life is all about change
- NRI Movies
- NRI Women's "Liberation"
- Non Resident Indian
- RSVP by ASAP
All About Me...
- Am I nosy?
- Angels protecting me
- Coffee with Jesus
- Conversations - Between Me and My Mom
- Favorite things
- Finger People
- First drop of sweat
- Gifts that blessed me
- Identity Lost
- Israel
- It refreshes my soul
- Letter to my children
- Me the Lioness and My Water Bearer
- Mirror Mirror On the Wall
- Mmm mmm good
- Mommy Refined
- My Home sweet home
- Papaya
- Tagged
- Tamarind seeds
- The Me I see is the Me I will Be
- The she I wish to be
- This I Believe
- We made it so far...
- When I was a Child...
- Who am I
Life as it unfolds
- $1 $pecials
- A Child's Perspective
- A Mom's Perspective
- Borrow an egg
- Cloud bursting
- Daddy's little girls
- Dinosaur Eggs
- Fading glory
- Frozen in time
- Gone shopping
- Growing Fonder
- Handwritten
- Happiness is priceless
- Helping hands
- I don't LOL
- Laugh and Roll
- Laundry Loads
- Letter to my children
- Life in full throttle
- Looking up a coconut tree
- Mamma Mia
- My Cuckoo Clock
- Night Sky Mementos
- Pears
- Perfect Timing
- Personality Check
- Shall we dance?
- Snowglobe moments
- The way to a man's heart...
- To Blog or Not to Blog
- Tom and Jerry Whose side are you?
- Welcome to our kitchen
- Where is Gomathy?

15 comments:
Oh My God. I am surprised and shocked.
You made my day. I am so happy to read what you wrote. Honestly I am honored. I am not sure if I deserve so much praise but I will accept it.
Thank you so much !!!
I am glad it makes you smile @A! Thanks for being a good friend.
I often read stories in blogs with twists or surprise ends.But when I click on NRI Girl's blog,there is always an element of suspense.I never know what she is up to.Every time she pulls a new rabbit out of her inexhaustible hat making her readers wonder at her imagination and innovation.Little wonder her blog is highly enjoyable.
ha ha.. that was a neat surprise for A..but then, you have so many ways of bonding with people..I just want to quickly rush through blogs, before i go on for this trip..lest, I would be left behind..have i become blog addict. what name they say for that?
my trip stories later..
Your idea is ingenious. I'm sure will be interesting too
so true when u say that finding @A's comments on any site makes one feel so much at home....he's a great motivator!
This is really one more interesting series by you NRIGirl, and yes those snapshots of the places he visits are really picture perfect.....:))
Wow, that was such a lovely post. I have been following his blog for sometime now. I don't know him as a friend as you do. But, about his blog, I do enjoy his simple posts, the questions, photographs and his keen observations. I agree with you about the comments bit. He does comment honestly and with a tinge of humor too :). Good to read his blog and good to hear about your honest take on him. And, I just read that love story. I can understand why his wife had trouble accepting his explanations :).
now thats a perfect start for your 'hunt' :)
heyyyy he is the right guy...fully with u on this..this guy is so popular and good..full marks..and then u also deserve the marks for highlighting...cheers buddy:)
Nice post. Though I don't know him much, what little contact we have proves your words absolutely correct.
Three Cheers to "A"
Bravo and Kudos to both you and A.
A very well written post about A I must say.
I agree 100% with every word of yours. He is a great blogger, great friend, very helpful, great photographer. I have seen him mention you on his blog many a times and you have written a post about A that does complete justice.
Thanks for great words of appreciation. I am so happy to see so many friends with kind words. As you will agree that the like minded people with similar attitude towards friends click together.
Sharing ideas, encouraging and helping each other and providing constructive feedback are common traits of all of us - positively for the people I interacted and who have commented on this post. For example Queen (NRI Girl), Kiran, Mangla, Irfan, Ramesh, Stranger and recently found Rachana fall in the same category. Also many more who have not commented but communicated to me in emails.
My point is - I reflect you. All points you mention about me apply to you all too. So I would say kudos and cheers for all of us.
On a lighter note, I am trying my wife to read this post and comments so that she can let me blog more.
Thanks A. You are very modest in sharing your appreciation with us.
But yes, we are like minded.
Appeal to your wife- Do let A blog more. He is good at it.
Post a Comment